job in Eindhoven, the Netherlands
As a Control Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and improving critical controllers and other algorithms for various modules in high throughput AFM Metrology systems, to enhance performance, increase reliability, and increase automation. You will work on systems involving highspeed, high accuracy mechatronics and scanning stages with sub-nanometer precision. You will need to consider system modeling and physics, signal properties (noise, filtering, frequency content), actuator and sensor behaviors and limitations, nonlinear coupled and time-varying plant dynamics, and very large data sets. You will use a range of techniques and methodologies starting with classical and modern feedback control methods, and including advanced control, signal processing, estimation, optimization, frequency-domain analysis, stochastics, and clear logical thinking.
You will collaborate with systems engineers, software and firmware developers, electrical engineers, hardware designers, and project management to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis and design, build and test prototypes, generate detailed requirements, and guide the final algorithms through final implementation, into testing, and out to field production. You will report directly to the CTO.
- Serve as a technical expert for one or more control subsystems, capable of independent decision making for critical technical issues.
- Leads and mentors junior controls engineers, leads the development and integration of innovative control system solutions to enable stable and efficient production.
- Applies broad knowledge in sensors, actuators, control algorithms, automation, software, and data analysis tools to drive control system improvements to enable continuously increased EUV power and system availability.
- Leads the design and building of tools that allow debugging, analysis, and performance evaluation of control system performance. Leads the root cause analysis for control system failures in products for integration and fielded units during escalations.
- Leads and performs integration activates including trouble shooting the control system, designing and executing test plans, to ensure the system functions as designed in the EUV light source.
- Documents work results with system requirements, design specifications, procedures, and training materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explain technical issues and ideas to peers and management.
- At least a university degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Technical Physics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an good understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to work on a project team
- Knowledge of modern control theory, stochastics, and some nonlinear control theory.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Matlab and Simulink.
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- Team oriented
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below