Functional Safety Engineer
job in Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Research Square is founded after having identified there’s an entire market supporting academic researchers and scientist finding a job on the one hand and on the other supporting customers in the searching for the brightest minds available.
The cornerstone of our success as a specialists recruitment agency is our team working at Research Square. We all are either engineers or scientists ourselves and / or specialized in the recognizing, identifying and training of the soft skills of our employees.
We speak the language of our researchers and we understand the technical challenges of our customers. We scout, screen, select and employ the brightest candidates and connect them with the most innovative challenges available where our search is built specific to each individual customer in order to tailor their individual needs.
Whether you’re looking for an R&D position or you are looking to employ talented professionals, you can rely on Research Square to meet your needs. We partner with our clients to assess their individual specific needs and following up we pair those needs with talented scientific and research professionals from within our network to serve both parties.
At Research Square we provide consulting and direct hire staffing solutions in many areas and applications related to research and development.
Research Square has a large and diverse network ranging from large multinationals to small start-up and scale-ups. We are directly connected with R&D managers and directors seeking the best candidates available to strengthen their department and meet their technical goals smoothening and speeding up the recruitment process.
- Analyze impact of ISO26262 releases and create Functional Safety awareness across departments
- Perform safety management activities according to relevant standards during all project phases (concept, product development, production) including preliminary hazard analysis, DFMEA, FMEDA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis
- Develop safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according ISO26262
- Cascade safety requirements to the systems, subsystems, and component levels in product portfolio.
- Collaborate with project managers, development team and customers on Functional Safety
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles
- You have an engineering degree (industrial, electromechanical or mechanical)
- Detailed knowledge and proven experience with ISO 26262
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Theory, with specific on-the-job experience. Preferable if holds Safety certification
- Experience in Software Quality and process ( e.g., SPICE, CMMI )
- Experience with Products Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software)
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools ( e.g., DOORS )
- Proven record of taking customer requirements from design to production
- At least 5 years of experience in development, preferably in automotive industry
- 3 years relevant work experience, in product development (ideally in automotive safety related products)
- You have a thorough knowledge and experience in at least one field (electronics, embedded SW or system control strategy) and a good awareness of the others.
- Experience with system engineering approaches (requirements engineering / management, functional analysis and allocation, architecture design, validation and verification) and experience with change & configuration management.
- You are familiar with automotive development and quality process (FMEA/FTA methods/tools)
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
- Good risk management skills, weighting development effort against added value and safety against availability
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, motivating team into problem-solving
- Strong decision maker when subjected to limited information, to be translated into assumptions to be verified
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below