Field Service Engineer
Job in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Our clients business unit provides research services (Services) and research laboratory equipment (Systems) for chemical companies worldwide. Them Services and Systems project teams work together with customers in joint research and development projects in the area of catalysis. Our client developed unique technology to prepare and test catalysts. This enables customers to significantly reduce time and money needed for development and optimization of catalytic processes.
They are also developing technology to produce green building blocks for materials and fuels. The technology converts carbohydrates directly into furanics.
The (Field) Service Engineer Systems is part of the Systems team developing, building and installing proprietary Flowrence technology.
The Flowrence units run a variety of applications at many different customers worldwide. Building, testing, installation and qualification of these customer specific Flowrences is performed and supported by (Field) Service Engineers. Besides supporting the build and installation of these units, the (Field) Service Engineer is also performing SLAs, retrofits and provide warranty- and out of warranty support to customers.
The (Field) Service Engineer will work closely with and get assignments form the Project leaders (responsible for new Flowrences) and the Customer Service coordinator (responsible for warranty & out of warranty support).
The (Field) Service Engineer will be working for 25-40% abroad at customer sites worldwide in periods ranging from a few days until ~4 weeks.
Main tasks include:
- Support the PLs and our 3rd party production partner during the development and build of new Flowrences:
- Perform installations & chemical validations
- On-site installation of Flowrences
- Warranty- and out of warranty support (Customer Service related activities)
- Keep PLs and Customer Service coordinator up to date on status, progress, issues etc. when joining projects (as well as customers when working on-site)
- Degree in an electrical, mechanical or mechatronics area (typically Bachelor level) through education or training. Interest or knowledge of chemical processes is preferred.
- Preferred: working experience with technical software, chemical reactors, laboratory equipment, precision measurement systems, data acquisition systems and/ or (electrical/ mechanical) troubleshooting
- General and specific (MS Office applications) PC experience
- Structured troubleshooting skills
- Technical specification by means of drawings and documents
- English written and spoken, other languages preferred
- Experienced with working in an international environment and cultural challenges
- Must be good at prioritization and good at working in a dynamic environment where priorities shift frequently to accommodate business opportunities
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active and customer oriented attitude
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
|Education Backgrounds:||Electrical Engineering
Electronics / Components
|Education Level:||Undergraduate (Bachelors)|
|Experience:||0 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
|Job Location:||Eindhoven, Netherlands|
|Keywords:||Technical software, chemical reactors, laboratory equipment, precision measurement systems, data acquisition systems|