Tasks & Responsibilities
In this role you’ll be responsible for optical designs
publications, networking and your own personal development. You have a thirst for (ground breaking) innovation and international collaborations. You thrive in a diverse and knowledge based environment and hold nothing back in sharing yours with others.
We would like you to take responsibility and ownership over results
and need you to push the boundaries of what is possible: if the existing approach is no longer sufficient, you will proactively take charge in order to maintain course.
For this, you have a pioneering spirit
and are comfortable with the uncertainty that usually comes with complex scientific and engineering problems.
Your seniority will also show in the guidance given to our less senior colleagues
and we expect you to delegate and monitor optical design tasks to them
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Physics with specializations in Optics
- Experience with Optical Design
- Experience working with: Code V, Zemax, and/or Matlab
- Proven experience with a diversity of designs of spectrometers and/or optical metrology systems
- Preferably demonstrative leadership ability and care for a relevant network within the optical design community
What do we offer?
Permanent contract with an appealing salary
25 vacation days and holiday allowance, travel allowance for daily commute, flexible working hours and working from home options
Training & Development Program
Dutch courses, workshops, integration tools and vitality package
Visa, relocation budget, housing assistance, airport pick-up, social registration, group discount on medical insurance, 30% tax benefit, banking
R² social events
From team activities to culinary evenings for employee and family
Are you ready to explore your future in the Dutch high-tech industry? We would like to meet you and dive into your background and ambitions together!